So You are searching for the best skin whitening cream. Obviously you want to lighten skin tone. Skin whitening or skin bleaching is highly popular in some region of the world where a fair skin is considered an important and integral part of beauty. Skin whitening becomes imperative in certain skin conditions where skin becomes pigmented due to excess production of melanin. Check also best cream to whiten skin.
There are many ways To whiten your skin tone or eliminate pigmentation effectively. There are pills, injections, chemical lotions and creams that could effectively lighten your skin tone.
Efficiency of Skin Whitening Cream
Cream For lightening the skin is the most popular method since it requires topical application and the most non-invasive means to whiten the skin. But the potency of the product depends on the extent of damage caused to your skin.
How They Works
A good whitening lotion should work in three ways.
2. It should remove the damaged outer layer of the skin to reveal and regenerate healthy light skin.
3. It should inhibit the creation of excessive melanin that causes skin darkening in the first place.
The common ingredients of any lightening cream are usually the next.
1. Kojic Acid: it’s quite popular as skin lightening in Japan. It’s a byproduct of rice fermentation. That’s the reason rice sake is widely used as a natural ingredient to remove all kinds of skin pigmentation like age spots and freckles.
2. Licorice Extract: This is a natural Ingredient to treat psoriasis. Some good quality whitening creams have this as one of the base ingredient. A very important melanin suppressing agent is glabridin which is found in licorice.
3. Aloe Vera: This is just another organic ingredient to eliminate sun tan and skin darkening to over exposure to sunlight. Many popular brands of skin brightening cream have aloe vera as an active ingredient.
4. Octyl-p-methoxycinnamate: This element acts essentially as a sun block.
6. Oxybenzone: This is also a very active compound in sunscreen lotions in addition to skin lighteing creams.
7. Mercury: Some skin lightening creams do contain mercury. But if you’re looking for a good quality cream you are better off with one that does not contain mercury.
8. Hydroquinone: It is also most common in Some skin lightening cream because it is powerful inhibitor of melanin production. But it’s lot of long term damaging effects on your skin. So find a cream that does not contain hydroquinone.
9. Arbutin: This is extracted from leaves of bearberry, cranberry, mulberry or blueberry shrubs. Arbutin is an established melanin inhibiting agent.
10. Tretinoin: This ingredient is very effective all kinds pigmentation from the skin.
11. Alpha hydroxy acids: it’s a sort of chemical peel. This ingredient in the creams removes the outer damaged layer of skin and help to create healthy skin.